Back in September of last year, I wrote in
Bacula: 6 months on
that cloud backups required
part.0 in order to be recognized for automatic part retrieval.
While this was mostly accurate, the critical file is actually
part.1. As such, when
referencing my own blog post when trimming my bacula storage, I deleted the wrong file,
leaving my "volumes" without labels, and thus rendering automatic part retrieval
To remedy this, I needed to sync the
part.1 files back into my local cache. As I'm
using an S3-style storage mechanism for my remotes, I decided to use
Rclone to bring
the files back.
The command looks like this (this is the safe version that doesn't copy, hence
remove that when you're satisfied it's good to go):
rclone sync -n --no-update-modtime s3-server-ref:s3-bucket local --include "part.1"
Breaking this command down:
- Use the
syncsubcommand will synchronize from source to destination
--no-update-modtimeattempts to leave the modification time the same
s3-server-refis a reference to an Rclone server created with
s3-bucketis the bucket (or path) of the source
localis the path to the local destination
--include "part.1"is a filter that only copies the specific filename
Running the version as a dry run (
-n) results in (partial results):
2021/10/05 10:06:56 NOTICE: Vol-0998/part.1: Not copying as --dry-run 2021/10/05 10:06:56 NOTICE: Vol-1101/part.1: Not copying as --dry-run 2021/10/05 10:06:56 NOTICE: Vol-1105/part.1: Not copying as --dry-run 2021/10/05 10:06:56 NOTICE: Vol-1106/part.1: Not copying as --dry-run 2021/10/05 10:06:56 NOTICE: Vol-1110/part.1: Not copying as --dry-run 2021/10/05 10:06:56 NOTICE: Vol-0999/part.1: Not copying as --dry-run
which indicates that each of these files would be copied if this had not been a dry run.
Re-run the command removing
-n and you should get the desired results.